About the Lyttelton Harbour Business Association
Lyttelton Harbour Business Association was founded in February 2001 to provide area businesses with a commercially oriented platform for the support of economic development within the Harbour area. As a group LHBA supports the Harbour’s businesses through governmental advocacy, industry cluster groups, inter-business communications and the support of wider community benefit programs.
Lyttelton Harbour has a very diverse business environment.
Main retail business areas: Lyttelton, Gov Bay, Diamond Harbour
Rural areas: everything in between, primarily Teddington farmland
Aquatic businesses: Port, Naval Point, Marine Specialties, Ship building, Provodoring
Home offices & businesses: Many in diverse fields from landscaping to IT companies to builders
Tourism: Activities, Food & Drink, Accommodation
As a group LHBA supports the Harbour’s businesses through governmental advocacy, industry cluster groups, inter-business communications and the support of wider community benefit programs.
- To provide an advocacy for its members to appropriate authorities.
- To provide a collective voice on issues of concern to Association members
- To encourage communication between members and other groups in the area.
- To attract new businesses to the area.
- To promote existing businesses.
- To support local community historical and cultural attractions.
- To promote Lyttelton Harbour as a destination to businesses and visitors.
The Lyttelton Harbour Business Association’s vision is to provide:
- A voice to Council and other forums.
- Support economic development and commercial growth around the Harbour.
- Assist in expediting, wherever possible, post earthquake commercial recovery.
- Friday morning networking meetings - harbour business people supporting each other, collaboration
- Communication streams - Facebook & weekly newsletter
- Community Art Project - Sculpture project for Lyttelton Township area
- Power resilience - Back up or redundancy systems for preventing power outages for businesses